Hello, Short Film lovers ! Hope You all are ready to learn How to make a short Film that is (come fare un film). If you don’t know what a short film is then do read our article on What is a short film before this article to have a better understanding.
It’s a fact that before we are going to do something, We must know what we are going to do. yes, so here today we are gonna teach you all the steps involved in Short films making followed by the link to the tutorial by us for that step ( we will update links once we have written a tutorial on that topic ) so you can directly visit this page to Learn short filmmaking step by step and succeed in making a high-quality short movie. So below are the steps involved in it.
Steps involved in Short filmmaking ( come fare un film)
So friends, below are the steps involved in the making of a short film. Below I will give a short explanation of each step with the example of a short movie we made in past which was based on fraud done through E-Mails.
1) Deciding The Base Story line : For making A quality movie the most important step to do is to find a message you want to convey or a base story line on which you want to develop a story. This is very important.
Example: a great topic on which we made a short movie was on the fraud done through E-Mails saying that you have won some amount of money etc. So this is the base story line
Read our article on How to think of a winning short film base story line to understand it better.
2) Developing the story: After deciding the base story line, Next step to be done is to Develop a small story with logic and connections around the baseline you chose. Read the example below to understand it better
Example: After choosing the baseline we developed a story, like There, is a guy who is not satisfied with salary he gets and wants to start a business but does not have money for investments and suddenly one day he gets an email saying he won 1 million $ , and at last he loses everything Because of his greed.
So this is how you have to make some characters and a good story around the baseline you chose.
3) Making A script : Now after deciding the story, now you need to write down the full story scene by scene and the mood of the scene and dialogues needed to be used with a good characterization of all the characters in the story.
4) Select Actors : Now This is also a crucial part of short filmmaking. To make your story work the way you wanted, you need good actors. You can use your friends or relatives who are really interested in acting seriously. Do not just use anybody you know, because we have experience of using people like that which led to a failure as they were not serious and were smiling at unneeded scenes etc. So you need to decide actors wisely.
5) Shooting movie : Now this is the time to implement everything you have got. Get a good camcorder first, and start shooting the movie. And for shooting the movie you need to have a good cameraman, Or keep visiting our blog We will teach you and give tips on how to do an awesome cinematography ( Camera works) soon.
6) Editing And Dubbing : Next important thing which is important for the success of the movie is editing And dubbing.You need to cut out some of the scenes which you feel is not required for the film. And if at some place the voice is not clear you will have to dub your movie With a Good Microphone and finish it. And to edit the film You can use any video editor like even Windows default windows Movie maker will do good.
7) Adding a Background Music: Background music make people involve more into the movie and it conveys the mood of the movie. If you have any creative musician friend then you can use him Or you can use youtube audio library to get copyright free music or see the List of Copyright free music sources.
8) Compiling And Uploading the movie : Now finish off the movie and show the final product to all those who acted and worked for the movie, and ask for their suggestions and make it more perfect And upload it on youtube, And Monetize the video with Google Adsense And make money from the views you get.
How To Make a Short Film – Infographic
How To Make a Short Film with your Smartphone
In article Best cameras for making a short film we were discussed only the best DSLR cameras for making a short film.In this article, we will discuss making the short film with smartphones camera .Nowadays smartphones becoming more smarter with their camera quality. There are many smartphones with their ultimate camera features( ideal resolution and pixelation quality etc.) like iPhone 6, Samsung galaxy s6, One plus 3 etc. And there are many other things which make your short film with smartphone best like a script,lighting effects,editing etc. also accessories must be required to shoot top-notch video. So we will explain you one by one all the things.
Script Writing: Friends if you are interested in start a short film so make sure your script must ready before you take next step for making the short film. If your final script is not ready then guys you will always face some problems and you are not making the short film as you wanted. Need helping you finding how to write a script for a short film. All these tips were based on our experience and you also must focus on these tips to make your short movie awesome.
Airplane Mode: Nobody wants disturbance like calls , messages that were created by your smartphone during the shooting. So you must be aware of that thing that your smartphones airplane mode is in turn ON . If not then turn ON this mode of your smartphone and also, you can remove your sim card from the phone.
Direction or Distance between the objects: The best film is one which is well directed. Know we will explain you the topic on direction or distance to the objects . So when we have directed a short film with a smartphone the techniques are different for eg. the professionals always avoid zooming on your theme if you want to shoot a quality video. You should move slowly and slowly closer to the subject because our smartphones have video stabilization feature which is not so much effective when you are zooming on a particular subject. Even a little bit quiver make your video blurred and shaky.
Good Lighting is Vital : For any video shoot, genuine lighting is critical. Always shoot in bright light – professional says because the cameras of the smartphone have smaller image sensors and lenses. The experts do not tell that you can always shoot in noontime when contrast can be jarring. Always shoot your video in a bright area so, the needless shadows , grainy or rough areas should avoid. If the weather is so bright and harshly and these things are inescapable, then shoot from an inflated i.e. elevated angle so the sky is mostly away from the frame. You can also shoot in sunny weather or also in the early morning and in sundown time. The lighting must be balanced and constant ; the image sensors in many of the smartphones do not react sharply to dramatic changes in lighting. There are many techniques by which you can improve your lighting like by back-lighting , by white-balance settings if your smartphone or app provided, by touch focusing (automatic exposure) etc.
Orientation (Say to Horizontal Style): Experts always say that always shoot in horizontal style because it gives finer grip and also adjusts the video viewing on PCs and Televisions.Not ever take a shot with a smartphone in portrait mode and in vertical mode(Say no to vertical and portrait mode).
Also, read cinematography techniques for short films
Improve Video by Basic Editing: There are many camera apps on your smartphones play store or apple store with magical features which make your captured quality “meh” to “wow” like video maker pro app, Viddy app etc. Much free PC Softwares for beginners like Lightworks, Cinelerra, Windows Movie Maker etc. There are some professional Softwares for like Adobe Premier Pro, Pinnacle Studio, Corel Video studio, iMovie etc. if you want to edit your video in these pro editors then guys you have to spend some thousand of bucks for purchasing them.
These are some beneficial tips on How to make a short film with your smartphone . After reading this, if you still a little bit confuse or think it is not so much then you think absolutely right because the main things are required to making a short movie with your smartphone rather than a cover is Accessories. And the things in accessories are must be required listed below with uses :
Audio Quality : Those who think that in your film only video quality can take your film rise then they are absolutely wrong. Friends a film with a good video quality but bad audio is all rubbish. The embedded microphones in smartphones don’t give us a proper quality of audio. There are many unpleasant sounds catch by the built-in microphones in our smartphones when we take an outdoor shot which can make the worst quality of audio. So to prevent noise and get a better quality of sound the clip-on microphones (attached with the actors clothes) are used by actors.
Battery Backup : Not buy or attract with a smartphone by their camera quality. You must we ensure that your smartphone having a good battery backup. You have to take all with your smartphone so, while you were at shooting your phone must be charged fully and you always having one or two power banks (portable chargers) to power-up your smartphone in the middle of shooting.
Storage : Those are using smartphones immensely and those are captured videos & pics extremely knows that a high definition video occupied a large area of your smartphone’s
or SD card’s memory. If enough memory’s alarm bling on your phone then stops shooting and transfer the videos into lappy’s.
Suroskie 3 in 1 Universal Camera kit for only smartphones. Lens type is wide and macro and compatible for all mobile phones – Price 2.99$
Flinstop Universal Camera clips Mobile phone lenses. Lens type is fisheye, wide and macro and it is compatible with iPhones , Samsung , sony , HTC etc. -Price 11.89$ Etc.